With a variety of perspectives, these courses will help you learn methods to retrain your brain using the techniques of mindful thinking, the tools of cognitive behavior thinking, and more..
- Masters of Mindfulness: Transforming Your Mind and Body
Learn how to master your own mind and change your life with guidance from 11 mindfulness specialists.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Techniques for Retraining Your Brain
Discover practical techniques for modifying undesirable behavior and managing your moods with this course that explains how and why cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) works.
- Why You Are Who You Are: Investigations into Human Personality
Award-winning Professor Mark R. Leary explores the many ways our behavior effects our life through the intriguing science of our personalities.
- Building Your Resilience: Finding Meaning in Adversity
Your problems can become your pathway to growth as you learn to improve your resiliency with Molly Birkholm.
Get a foundational course on how the brain works as you discover what’s true and what’s not about our own minds, how we perceive the world around us, and how we learn.
- The Learning Brain
An award-winning professor of psychology provides scientifically proven study techniques that will help you become a more adept learner.
- Understanding the Secrets of Human PerceptionDiscover the secret life of your senses through an intriguing and unforgettable 24-lecture course delivered by a masterful educator who has spent several decades immersed in exploring the frontiers of human perception.
- Brain Myths Exploded: Lessons from Neuroscience
Join an acclaimed neuroscientist for 24 lectures that bust popular myths about memory, dreams, emotions, consciousness, and more.
Psychology is the scientific study of the mind and behavior. This selection of courses provides you with everything from an overview of this important subject to a deep dive into various facets which help you better understand yourself.
- The Great Ideas of Psychology
Get a complete overview of the exciting field of psychology in this comprehensive course that explains the fascinating debates over the continuing mysteries of the mind.
- The Art of Critical Decision Making
Master the skill of decision making with this engaging and practical guide taught by an award-winning scholar of leadership, decision making, and business strategy.
- Raising Emotionally and Socially Healthy Kids
Help your child form friendships, develop self-confidence, and cope with emotions with this course taught by a renowned psychologist.
- The Psychology of Performance: How to Be Your Best in Life
Learn how to use performance psychology and improve your mental, emotional, and physical game.
- Passions: Philosophy and the Intelligence of Emotions
A distinguished philosopher and author takes you on a tour of his more than three-decade-long intellectual struggle to reach an understanding of emotions: "the key to the meaning of life."
- Shocking Psychological Studies and the Lessons They Teach
Consider the significance—and the ethical failings—of several, impactful 20th-century psychological studies that continue to influence our knowledge of human behavior.
- The Science of Fear
An award-winning sociologist looks at the different ways threatening situations motivate our minds to quickly process information and respond, albeit, sometimes at the expense of rational thought.
- The Spiritual Brain: Science and Religious Experience
An award-winning scholar and practicing neuroscientist offers you 24 riveting lectures that explore the new and exciting field of neurotheology, a discipline aimed at understanding the connections between our brains and different kinds of religious phenomena.
Take a look at the many ways modern medicine and traditional practices can help you heal; reduce stress; gain energy; and take better control of your mental, physical, and emotional health.
- Practical Guide to Suicide Prevention
Join an award-winning physician to gain indispensable insights about recognizing suicidal risks, when to help, and how you can potentially save a life.
- Mastering Tai Chi
Join an International Master Tai Chi Instructor on a path to improved health, strength, wisdom, and compassion.
- The Addictive Brain
Discover the neural mechanisms that underlie the behaviors of addiction in this fascinating course taught by one of the top cognitive neuroscientists in the country.
- How to Deal With Stress - How to Make Stress Work for You
Join a fitness consultant and popular instructor for a fascinating look at how to finally control your stress.
- Understanding Self Control - How to Take Control Over Yourself
Gain more control over your life by understanding the biological mechanisms of self-control and applying scientific strategies to overcoming your brain's hard-wiring.
- The Science of Integrative Medicine
Produced in collaboration with Mayo Clinic, this course covers the science based facts of commonly used integrative treatment.
- Survival Mentality: The Psychology of Staying Alive
Learn how to build a robust psychological toolkit for survival in a host of life-threatening situations and emergency scenarios.